BUSINESS SOLUTIONS / IndustriesTrading and Wholesale
- Value Chain Reform and IT Collaboration
- Trading companies and wholesalers are facing an increasingly tough environment, due to shrinking profit margins, entry of new competitive players, and pressures to remove middlemen. In response to these challenges, trading companies and wholesalers are striving to get out of the traditional roles of broker and transporter, in order to provide high-value-added services through separation of business flow and material flow and reinforcement of IT functions. In short, they are creating new value by reforming their exiting value chains.
To drive these efforts, they must step up their core systems by associating order-receiving and order-placing processes, reflecting tentative unit price, rebate and other unique commercial practices in Japan, and meeting other requirements in the industry. At the same time, trading companies and wholesalers must also ensure that their systems permit IT collaboration with customers and business partners at various levels.
- Providing Services for Trading Companies and Wholesalers
- B-EN-G has handled a number of systems introduction projects for trading companies and wholesalers operating in Japan and overseas. Drawing on this experience, we can support these companies in building/improving both core systems and systems linked to external systems.
Specific Examples of Consulting and System Implementation
- Consulting on ERP implementation
- Implementation of global ERP system at the head office and multiple overseas sites
- Implementation of EDI-HUB for electronic data interchange in trading operations
The above are representative examples. This is not a comprehensive list.
- An integrated logistics solution that lets you visually manage JIT-based material flows and manufacturing conditions at multiple production facilities around the world.
- Trading business integration solution (Trade Manager)
- Streamlining trade-related documentation and information interlocking with sales companies
- Streamlining input by sharing input information and reducing mistakes via various supportive functions
- Trade-related documentation monitoring and verification
- Implementing information sharing, data exchange, and data interlocking with cooperative companies via the Web
- Web system for inventory monitoring & Process rationalization (SCM-HUB)
- Supporting “visualization Eof logistical inventories and streamlining of global logistics
- Inventories and trading information are shared via the Web with the data being controlled in a consolidated manner
- Trading is supported by controlling information regarding containers and trade vouchers
- Already introduced 4 countries�E�Japan, China, Thailand, Vietnam