BUSINESS SOLUTIONS / IndustriesFood
- Changing Environment of the Food Industry
- The environment surrounding food manufacturers is changing dramatically. For example, companies are asked to ensure safety of their products by boosting the quality control systems to meet the traceability and HACCP requirements, while having to cope with the increasingly globalizing industry structure under WTO/FTA initiatives. Food manufacturers must continue to carry the wide-ranging materials and product formats such as bulk items and packages, support the balance accounts system and other traditional commercial practices in Japan, meet the requirements imposed on the food industry as a whole, and still respond flexibly to the changing environment.
- Food Manufacturing with Focus on Health and Safety
- As the market is flooded with specific health foods, food manufacturers must bear rising costs of effectiveness/safety testing and R&D. In the area of effectiveness/safety, the food industry is subjected to layers of requirements that are as strict as those imposed on the pharmaceutical industry.
- Services Integrating Our Experience in the Food Industry and Know-how Accumulated in Other Industries
- B-EN-G has addressed many different needs of food manufacturers since the days of FA/CIM. By integrating this experience with know-how we have accumulated in other industries, we can offer services that effectively address the issues facing food manufacturers from SCM/globalization viewpoint.
Specific Examples of Consulting and System Implementation
- Consulting on ERP implementation
- Implementation of food SCM system (supply/demand planning, etc.)
- Implementation of production control systems in various food sectors
- Implementation of cost management systems
The above are representative examples. This is not a comprehensive list.
- Oracle EBS Template b-FI
- A dedicated solution for the food industry, supporting order receiving/placement, inventory control and accounting processes.